This lathe is only slightly less portable than the MICRO CUE SMITH II and weighs in at just over 40 pounds and is only 48 inches long. There are no Bed Extensions to hassle with even when doing house cues. It does Tips, Ferrules, Shaft Reconditioning, Joint Work, House Cues, Wraps and could build a cue with the right options added. Great for working tournaments.
The SLIDING HEADSTOCK has a powerful variable speed motor attached to it and can be locked down anywhere on the bed depending on what type of work you are doing. It comes with Full Length Carriage Travel. This is the most portable lathe on the market that can do all it will do. With the "full length carriage travel" it will do everything the Full Size Cue Smith will do (like tapering butts) and is alot more portable being almost two feet shorter. We will throw in some Shaft Sealer, Shaft Cleaner and Cue Wax with either package (below). Comes with Two Hour Cue Building & Repair Video, 3 Lathe Pins, Chucks, Collets, Foot Control, Etc...
Our most popular Repair Lathe!Replace tips and ferrules on one or two piece cues!Use the router, power feed snf offsetting tailstock to taper butts and cut wrap and point grooves!Use the steady rest with collet inserts to do accurate joint work!Larger Headstock with 1.4 inch Deluxe Spindle bore!Taper bars with larger handwheel.
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Great lathe, great service, and excellent results!
- I received my Mid-Size Cue Lathe with large bore headstock a couple of days ago and from the moment I opened the box I have been nothing but pleased. It was well packaged and protected. Setup was a breeze, requiring only a few minutes. I put it to work quickly. Based on the going rates for cue repairs, I did well over $240 worth of work on my own cues within a day of receiving my lathe and accessories, including turning down an old Meucci '84 series model 2 shaft which had gotten badly stained and mistreated over the years. Using the same method Chris Hightower demonstrates on his video, I turned it down to the equivalent of a pro-taper in no time, and since refinishing it it plays like a brand new shaft. Chris is very knowledgeable and helpful, and when you combine that with the quality of his lathe building and excellent customer service, you have an unbeatable combination.
- Great investment for easy pool cue repair.
- Have owned a Mid Size Cue Lathe for a couple of months. Replaced several tips and ferrules with ease. Great investment for your own cues or if you plan to make money replacing tips, ferrules and cleaning cues. Very easy to set up and use and Chris has been very helpful to this "novice" cue repairer. Would highly recommend this product.
- best investment I ever made.
- easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to move where it needs to be. Well built, very sturdy, and lightweight. does not take up much room.